The terms and conditions stated herein (collectively, the "Agreement") constitute a legal agreement between you and BECK Technology Ventures Private Ltd. , henceforth referred to as BECKFriends.com, a private limited liability company. In order to use the BECKFriends.com services, you must agree to the terms and conditions that are set out below.
BECKFriends.com "online" (i.e. web and mobile services, which includes web sites operated by BECKFriends.com such as www.beckme.com, www.beckfriends.com, mobile applications, however accessed and/or used via personal computers, mobile devices or otherwise) and "offline" (i.e. collection of data through electronic or surface mailings, telephone, or in person) activities owned, operated, provided, or made available by the company. BECKFriends.com "online" and "offline" activities are collectively termed as the "Services".
By using or receiving any services supplied to you by the company, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the agreement, and any future amendments and additions to this agreement as published from time to time through the services.
The company reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this agreement or its policies relating to the service or software at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this agreement on the service or software. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this agreement. Continued use of the service or software after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
1. Representations and warranties
BECKFriends.com services are not available to persons under the age of 18. By using the software or services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. By using BECKFriends.com services, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this agreement and to abide by the terms and conditions of this agreement. Your participation in using the services is for your sole, personal use. You may not authorize others to use your user status, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your user account to any other person or entity. You may only access the services using authorized means.
The Site, application and Services comprise of an mobile and web platform through which Requesters may chose and post products to buy/ship from overseas. A Traveller with the mutual consent on the final price agreed on the deal to buy and bring back the product from overseas. BECKFriends.com is not a transportation agency, retailer or distribution of the above mentioned products and has no control over the conduct of the Requesters and Travellers.
2. Interactions with other Members
1) You are exclusively responsible when interacting with other Members. Our Services provide a platform for members to list their shipping/buying requests, items they wish to have delivered to them, or to identify items to be shipped on their commute path. BECKFriends.com is not a party to, has no involvement or interest in, makes no representations or warranties as to, and has no responsibility or liability with respect to any communications, transactions, interactions, disputes or any relations whatsoever between you and any other member, person or organization. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor interactions between you and other members of our Services. BECKFriends.com offers you a platform to identify requests and to interact with other members, and we urge you to use good judgment and keep safety in mind at all times when you use our Services.
2) Identity Verification. We do not investigate or verify any member' criminal background at the current time, nor any information members may submit to the Services. We encourage you to take precautions when interacting with other members, particularly when meeting a stranger in person.
3) Release. Because our Services are merely a platform, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more members, you release us (and our officers, directors, members, employees, agents and affiliates) from claims, demands and damages (actual, compensatory, liquidation, punitive, nominal and/or restitutionary) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. You also understand and agree that any action or inaction by BECKFriends.com or any of our officers, directors, members, employees, agents and affiliates to prevent, restrict, redress or regulate content, or to implement other enforcement measures against any content, conduct or potential violation of these Terms is undertaken voluntarily and in good faith, and you expressly agree that we shall not be to you or anyone else for any action or inaction to prevent, restrict, redress, or regulate content, or to implement other enforcement measures against any content, conduct or potential violation of these Terms.
3. Member Content
Member content restrictions: You are exclusively responsible for any Member Content that you submit, post or transmit via our Services. You agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish Content that we believe, in our sole discretion:(a) is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;(b) contains nudity, sexually explicit content or is otherwise obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive or sexually exploitative of minors;(c) may disparage any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group by stereotypical depiction or is otherwise abusive or inflammatory;(d) depicts or promulgates the use of illicit drugs;(e) contains offensive language or images or is otherwise objectionable;(f) incites violence or characterizes violence as acceptable, glamorous or desirable;(g) contains unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations, without our prior written consent;(h) contains private or personal information about another person, unless such person has agreed to the disclosure of this information;(i) contains viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive file viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology;(j) may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting Member Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such Member Content; or(k) would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense or violate the rights of any third party. BECKFriends.com is not responsible for any Member Content that you or other members post, transmit or store through the Services. We have no obligation to post Member Content from you or anyone else and we may, in our sole discretion, edit, remove or delete any Member Content without notice. Enforcement of these Terms, however, is solely in our discretion and the absence of enforcement in some instances does not waive our right to enforce the Terms in other instances. In addition, these Terms do not create a private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Services will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules.
4. Member Conduct
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, regulations, and Tax obligations that may apply to your use of the Site, Application, Services and Content. In connection with your use of our Site, Application and Services, you may not and you agree that you will not:
5. Third Party Content
6. Discontinuance of Services
BECKFriends.com may, in its sole and absolute discretion, discontinue, suspend or modify your and /or any other user' access to the company' services or any portion thereof at any time with or without notice and/or for any other reason. The company reserves the right to terminate this agreement should you be using the services with an incompatible or unauthorized manner.
7. Intellectual Property Ownership
The company alone (and its licensors, where applicable) shall own all right, title and interest, including all related intellectual property rights, in and to the services and any suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information provided by you or any other party relating to the services. The company name, the company logo, and the product names associated with the services are trademarks of the company.
8. Member' Representations and Warranties
1) You hereby represent and warrant that you have the full power and authority to enter into and perform under these Terms. If you are using our Services on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these Terms on such entity' behalf.
2) You hereby represent and warrant that you will use our Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
9. Customs Laws and Regulations
Please refer and adhere to the following guidelines pertaining to customs:Customs FAQSBaggage RulesCustoms Guide
10. Disclaimer of Warranties
1) IF YOU USE OUR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, AND YOU WAIVE, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN.
2) WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) OUR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (C) ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN THROUGH OUR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; (E) ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE OR WE COLLECT WILL NOT BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES; OR (F) ANY ERRORS IN ANY DATA OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
3) IF YOU ACCESS OR TRANSMIT ANY CONTENT THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF SUCH ACCESS OR TRANSMISSION; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD.
4) NO DATA, INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED BY YOU IN ORAL OR WRITTEN FORM FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM OUR SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
11. Limits on Liability
1) IN NO EVENT SHALL BECKFriends.com , OR OUR DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES; (B) THE COST OF REPLACEMENT OF ANY GOODS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM OUR SERVICES; (C) DISCLOSURE OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT; (D) DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; (E) STATEMENTS, CONDUCT OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY ON OUR SERVICES; (F) YOUR OR ANYONE ELSE' CONDUCT OR ACTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, DEATH OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED MEMBERS OF OUR SERVICES OR PERSONS INTRODUCED TO YOU BY OUR SERVICES, WHETHER ON-LINE OR OFF-LINE; OR (G) ANY OTHER MATTER ARISING FROM, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH OUR SERVICES OR THESE TERMS.
2) WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY IN PERFORMING UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH FAILURE OR DELAY IS DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
3) SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 16 AND 17 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless BECKFriends.com (and each of our officers, directors, members, employees, agents and affiliates) from any claim, demand, action, damage, loss, cost or expense, including without limitation reasonable attorney' fees, arising out of or relating to (a) your use of our Services; (b) any Member Content or Submissions you provide; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation of any rights of another; or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services. Further, if you are using the Services on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that such entity agrees to indemnify you and BECKFriends.com for violations of these Terms in accordance with this Section. If you are obligated to indemnify us, we will have the right, in our sole and unfettered discretion, to control any action or proceeding and determine whether we wish to settle it, and if so, on what terms.
13. Injunctive Relief
Disputes(PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES WITH BECKFriends.com AND IT LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF).
You and BECKFriends.com agree to arbitrate any dispute arising from these Terms or relating to the Services, except that you and BECKFriends.com are not required to arbitrate any dispute in which either party seeks equitable or other relief for the alleged unlawful use of copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents. ARBITRATION PREVENTS YOU FROM SUING IN COURT OR FROM HAVING A JURY TRIAL. You and BECKFriends.com agree that you will notify each other of any dispute within thirty (30) days of when it arises, that you will attempt informal resolution prior to any demand for arbitration, that any arbitration will occur in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. You and BECKFriends.com also agree that the state or federal courts in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals of an arbitration award and over any suit between the parties not subject to arbitration.
WHETHER THE DISPUTE IS HEARD IN ARBITRATION OR IN COURT, YOU AND BECKFriends.com WILL NOT COMMENCE AGAINST THE OTHER A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
1) Entire Agreement. These Terms contain the entire agreement, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings, between the parties regarding their subject matter.
2) Waiver. Our failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege under these Terms shall not operate as a waiver thereof.
3) Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any of these Terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other of these Terms, all of which shall remain in full force and effect.
4) Assignment. You may not assign any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without prior written consent from BECKFriends.com . BECKFriends.com may assign any or all of its rights under these Terms, in whole or in part, without obtaining your consent or approval.
5) Headings. Headings of sections are for convenience only and shall not be used to limit or construe such sections. 14. 6 Survival. Sections 3.4 (Release), 4 (Member Conduct and Content), 5 (Submissions), 9 (Trademarks), 10 (Third-Party Content), 13 (Member' Representations and Warranties), 14 (Disclaimer of Warranties), 15 (Limits on Liability), 16 (Indemnity), 19 (Disputes), and this Section 20 (Miscellaneous) shall survive any termination or expiration of these Terms.